Monday 22 August 2011

I Love Campaigns


I’ve joined a blog campaign.

Not another one!

Yes, I am a bit of a one for joining things, aren’t I.

You’ll be telling me next that it’s good for your health or something.

Well it’s funny you should say that. I did blog a few months ago about research which shows that people who join groups live longer.

No! How does that work then?

I’m not sure but I enjoy joining groups and if it’s good for me, well... *shrugs shoulders*

Point taken! So, tell me more about this blog campaign.

I thought you’d never ask. I am now officially a Platform-Building Campaigner. 
Rachael Harrie at Rach Writes... is in charge. She says and I quote
“The Campaign is a way to link those of us in the writing community together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms.
The Twitter tag is #writecampaign and there are chat groups to join and activities to keep us on our toes. There’s still time to join up. Just call in at Racheal’s blog.

I might well do that but I still don't get all this 'joining groups is good for your health' malarkey.

As it happens, I had a go at Googling that today and I found 'Our Community' who have been running a campaign called ‘Join in Join up’. Their research has shown that, and once again, I quote: 
“joining a community group can significantly improve people's wellbeing, and reduce the chance of ill-health.
Hang on. If I join loads of groups will it increase my life expectancy accordingly? 

I can't say for sure but I reckon it’s worth a try! In fact, this month, as well as joining Rachael's Campaigner group, I’m planning to sign up to our local U3A (University of the Third Age) and see if they’ve got room in their Drawing and Painting class. 

What group are you going to join this month? 
Or do you already belong to loads of groups?