Friday 23 March 2012

Around the Next Corner

I know that this poem relies on a well trodden cliché but I wrote it last week during one of my more pensive moments and thought I'd like to share it with you.

The road reaches out to a far distant line.
There are times when I wish it would end.
I’m tired of walking. I can’t see the point,
Then I see up ahead there’s a bend.

I’ve come upon many a bend in the past.
I’ve quickened my pace, upped my game.
I’ve taken the corner with brightening eyes
Til I see it’s just more of the same.

This bend up ahead might be different from those.
This one seems to glint in the sun.
I’m walking with purpose. I’ve quickened my pace
Because this one might just be the one.



Do the bends in your road reveal more of the same or do some of them glint in the sun?